Are your people struggling to stay effective in the current work environment? Is your organization facing challenging times?
A recent Workplace Options poll of working adults showed:
- 50% reported feeling stress over financial matters
- 48% said the current economic uncertainty has caused them to be less productive at work
According to a Gallup poll:
- less than 30% of an organization's employees are contributing fully to the organization's success
Blessing-White's report The State of Employee Engagement 2008 concludes:
- ". . . many of the behaviors expected of managers to get results also drive (employee) engagement."
Why Susan Luke, and how can I help?
For over 20 years I have worked with people in leadership positions, assisting them in helping their people accept change and move through challenges. Harnessing the power of stories to shape corporate culture and provide an accelerated decision making process throughout each organization, has been a key element of the process.
As a communicator, I am passionate about using stories because they help people to ‘GET IT’. In the current workplace environment, this is more important than ever.
It’s a simple formula:
The benefits of this formula:
- Explain complex concepts in new ways
- Share a vision and motivate a team
- Develop or renew the sense of purpose held within organizations
- Build and maintain relationships
- Build commitment to change initiatives
- Change behaviours to realize success
"Leaders who are as good at shaping and using stories as they are at collecting and analyzing data, have a much easier time guiding the behaviors and decision making necessary for a healthy, forward-thinking organization. We are our stories! What's Yours?"